Sock Club is seeking a Designer to join our team full time. This position will be primarily working on client facing projects, within the Custom by Sock Club brand as well as the brands housed with the Sock Club family. This position reports directly to the Design Team manager and will have the opportunity to collaborate within the Design team as well as the Customer Success, Operations and Marketing teams. Our offices are located in east Austin and we are proud of our culture, the work we do, and the service we provide our customers. This is an entry level position with strong growth potential.
What you’ll be doing:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working on projects for a variety of clients
- Creating interesting and engaging sock designs for a wide range of end users
- Working alongside our Customer Success team to deliver the quality of service our company
- is known for
- Mastering our processes from start to finish, from design through production and delivery of a project or product
- Collaborating with our Marketing team on customer-facing content
- Working on specific long-term projects within each of our brands
You are organized, enthusiastic about design and would like the opportunity to contribute to a fast paced team environment and grow professionally within an expanding company. An ideal candidate would be excited to apply design principles and problem solving to projects outside of a traditional graphic design role. We seek team-oriented people who are professional, eager to take on a challenge, and are a joy to work with.
- A four-year degree in graphic design or other related field (i.e. advertising, art direction, fine arts) is recommended, with 1-3 years of professional experience
- Familiarity and proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite (PS, AI, ID)
- A keen eye for pattern and geometry and the ability to apply design principals to your work on a day to day basis
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as contribute collaboratively
- Eager problem solver with a willingness to learn, comfortable working with ambiguity
- Ego-less listener with the ability to take direction
- A detail-oriented eye
- Works well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Exceptional organization and time management skills, seeks to master tasks with efficiency
- Generous PTO policy / Health, dental, and vision benefits package / 401K Matching
- Casual and inspiring office environment
Please include your resume, a cover letter letting us know why you would be a great fit, and your portfolio for consideration. A portfolio link or attachment along with a cover letter is required for consideration. Applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to hearing from you!